Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In Review and A Look Into 2013

I want to start off by saying what a year it has been. Both for the world as a whole and my own little personal slice of it. We've been witnessed to so many things this past year, its safe to say the year 2012 classifies as a doozey. When it comes down to the year in review, we've seen big, big changes across the board. Just to name a few:

In politics, there was an election extravaganza across the globe. We've seen the re-election of US president Barack Obama as well as notable shifts in power in France, Mexico, and Russia(more or less). Also worth noting, the do nothing congress of the United States has definitely earned its title this past year.

In sports, we saw London play host to another successful year of the Olympic games and the thrilling win of Denmark over Serbia in the European handball championship. We witnessed one of the most controversial sports drug scandals ever involving Lance Armstrong as well as the New York football Giants Hoisting the Lombardi Superbowl trophy over the New England Patriots.

In Science, we saw the greatest scientific discovery of our time with the Higgs Boson, Curiosity's arrival on Mars, The US government crashing two satellites into the moon(weird right?), Felix Baumgartner dropped from the edge of space setting the free fall world record, and we survived another apocalyptic prediction. Big year in science.

In Nature, hurricane Sandy hit devastated the New York/New Jersey area of the United States , and the trend of global temperature rise continues virtually unnoticed.



In my own world, this year I turned 24 and made the biggest change of my life so far. Moving from Atlanta Georgia to Melbourne Australia has been an exciting adventure as well as an enormous opportunity. Having such a big change in my life has given me plenty of things to reflect upon and I am profoundly grateful for that. 

Moving into 2013, my goals for are simple. I encourage you to make your goals simple because if the goals are simple, they should be easy to complete. When you consistently complete your goals you are setting a foundation for a successful and fulfilling life. This year I will be setting for myself at least one goal in each of the mind, body, soul categories and challenge you to do the same.

Mind: My goal is to read 5 books this year.

Body: My goal is to complete a half marathon this year.

Soul: My goal is to volunteer for a total of 25 hours and to stay mindful as much as possible this year. 


 If you feel inclined to set a few goals for yourself and need someone to keep you accountable, share your goals and progress with the BoldlyGrow community and we will support you however we can. If you don't complete every goal you set, go easy on yourself. We're all just doing the best we can with what we have.

I wish you all happiness and success in the new year, keep coming back, and as always- boldly grow in the direction of your dreams.   
 
 


photo credit 

No comments:

Post a Comment